5 Worst Immigration Form Errors for Indonesia
Tourism in Indonesia is an important component of the Indonesian economy as well as a significant source of its foreign exchange revenues. That is the lighter side. In the professional world, Indonesia offers a global and diverse work environment along with a variety of challenging experiences and of course, the opportunity.
Keep in mind the following while applying for an Indonesian Visa
The actual signed passport must be submitted. This includes one copy of the personal information. It must:
- Be valid for the next six months
- Have at least one black visa page
- Not be torn, altered or frayed in any manner
Visa not required
Visa is not required for a stay less than 30 days. The following are the conditions, in that scenario:
- You must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months with two blank visa pages
- You must carry evidence for onward and return flights
- You must maintain all the paperwork that is required for the next stop
- You must have proof of sufficient funds to support your stay accordingly
You must provide two colour, passport-type photographs that meet the following criteria:
- It must have been taken within the last three months.
- It should be printed on a high-quality paper
- It should be 2-by-2 inches
- It should provide the full frontal view of the face
- The face must be in the centre of the photo with a neutral expression
The visa application form
The visa application must be completed with all the required documents and signatures. The following conditions must be adhered to:
- The name displayed must be exactly as it appears in the passport
- All compulsory tabs must be filled
- The picture uploaded online must match the pictures provided for all the other documents
- Visa applications for minors must be signed by their parents or guardians.
- Driver’s License: Your driver’s license must be provided. It must display the home address, as mentioned in the visa application form.
- Birth Certificate: A notarized copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- Letter of Consent: A notarized letter of consent signed by both parents, specifying who will be travelling with the child and authorizing the Consulate to issue a visa to the child.
Special Protected or Restricted Area Permit
Certain regions in Indonesia are restricted or have limited access. They are Maluku, Poso, and Irian Jaya/West Papua. Applicants planning to visit the restricted/limited access areas must obtain authorization from the Indonesian government.
Multiple Entry Visa Applicants
For multiple entry visas, your host in Indonesia must secure a government-approved invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jakarta that approves you explicitly for a multiple entry visa. A letter from your host company is not sufficient.
While the instructions to apply for a visa are clear and explicit, errors are still part of the game. These errors come with an expensive consequence. It’s best to be prudent and watch out for not only the to-dos but the not-to-dos as well.
Five worst immigration form errors for Indonesia
1. Incorrect or false details
Providing misleading information, false documentation or identification leads to rejection of visa. Some examples are:
- Different name as printed in the passport and the visa application
- Mismatched dates of travel
- Photo specifications unmet
- Wrong visa category
The process cannot be completed if errors like these are committed.
2. Missing documents from the visa application
Skipping out on documents or assuming that they might not be required is a grave error. The embassy officers would not put your application on hold while the documents are brought to the office. It is best to bring all the documents at once, even if they are not on the list; than to forget a document and pay a hefty price. The lack of attested bank statements would be an excellent example of a vital record that cannot be missed.
3. Mind the little details
Take care to watch out for the explicit instructions given by the embassy. It is vital to make a note of those and follow them to the T. For example; there might be instructions about the colour of the ink used or the order of the forms or where the photo has to be stapled to the application. When there is a requirement of authentic documents as well as copies, there are no excuses.
4. Late submission of the visa application
The visa process can be long and tedious. Keep in mind the turnaround time while applying for the visa, especially during peak travel seasons. Leaving the visa application until the last minute with very little time to be diligent can bring rejection to the table.
5. Inaccurate sponsor details
The sponsor details help the consulate understand the support system that is received by the applicant in Indonesia. These details are vital to the visa decision. Fill in accurate information in the sponsor section of the visa application form and submit all the relevant sponsorship documents as per the requirements.
Price to pay
Working in Indonesia without the work permit will lead you to have a severe sanction. Based on the newest immigration law, you can be jailed for a maximum of five years and fined for a maximum amount of Rp. 500.000. 000 (Five hundred millions Rupiahs)
Since the visa is non-extendable, it cannot be extended while in Indonesia. If you decide to stay longer you’ll have to leave the country and come back again. Many people do a visa run when you leave the country for one day, enter it again and get a new 30-day visa.
What is imperative, though, is that you start the visa application process well before the intended date of travel, to allow enough time for the visa process. There is no room for errors in the world of applying for a visa. This is because once the application has been rejected, the process has to be initiated from scratch. The next appointment may or may not come in time, depending on many factors that one does not have control over.
What is required to enter such new markets is the presence of a global employment partner such as GOHLS to walk you through the ever-changing regulations. Give us a call, and we can go through the intricate procedures to ensure that nothing comes between you and a successful stay in Indonesia.