You have decided to cross borders and relocate in foreign lands. You have applied for a job and have received the offer letter. You must commence preparations to move lock, stock and barrel.
You must be aware of all the documents you need to be filed and formalities you need completing.
If the title confuses you, then you definitely need to read this. The paperwork involved when you want to enter another country is mind-boggling, yes but there are some basic requirements for every nation. And they are not likely to be the same. Every country would want different things. The needs of each country would also change in time. No one said it’s easy, but the rewards are multi-fold.
In this blog, we are going to talk about two particular requirements in one specific nation: Work permits and Visa in Saudi Arabia.
And just so that you know, there is a world of difference between a work permit and a work visa.
The difference between the two is that the visa is a document acquired when you enter a specific country. A work permit is an employment letter issued by an employer to the employee needed for entering the country. The immigrant visa allows the immigrant to procure residence and work.
Work permits and Visa in Saudi Arabia
All foreign employees must have the proper work permits and visa in Saudi Arabia, as established by the immigration laws. Work permits are secured for employees and sponsored by an entity that is licensed and incorporated locally. Countries new to the territory would find it harder to establish connections and get the documents filed in time. It is prudent to get on board with an entity who is familiar with the nuances of the legalities. It helps being prepared for what is expected not just on a generic level but with specific countries as well.
A work permit is a legal document that is issued by the national or international company that outsources professionals, technical staff, etc. from other countries. A job can only be changed only when the employee leaves the country and returns with another work permit.
Visa is a legal document that is issued by the immigration authorities who are present at the immigration office. The immigration officials reserve the right to allow the person or deny entry to the country.
Points to be noted
- A Visa: Travel document to enter into the country
- A work permit: Job authorization letter from the company.
- Different countries apply different rules and regulations on the visa and work permit documents.
- Depending on the law of the country, the employee carrying a work permit or visa document is allowed to move anywhere in the country without any restrictions. Countries like Saudi Arabia grant limited access to the holders of the visa.
- Visa and work permit have an expiry date. Keep an eye on its renewal at all times.
- Work permits are usually distributed for free. Some companies would even pay all the expenses for their qualified employees.
- The Immigrant visa holder is eligible for citizenship and must comply with the law of the country.
It is critical to note that each country has a workflow. The same applies to Saudi Arabia as well. It also varies from which country you are from, where you are going, your job description and your length of stay.
Application of work permit and visa requires competence and expertise . GOHLS, a complete global employment organization brings to you:
3.Local travel partners choice for immigration
4.Post visa preparation
5.Payroll and legal deductions
As deployment agency, we go through the above workflow and handle the intricacies involved for each country.
Payroll is an integral part of all organizations. If your company does not meet the standards of various acts and legislation, you are bound to run into a mountain of problems.
There are 2 critical points with respect to payroll that you should keep an eye on
- Knowledge : Understanding current law and being aware of the latest updates, changes in the renewal and additional documents
- Payroll deductions: Government-mandated payroll deductions such as health insurance that could be revised at any time
Non compliance to above will result in legal suits and we at GOHLS can prevent it.
We at GOHLS are a Global Employment Organization that provides you with deep expertise concerning all areas of migration to Saudi Arabia. Our investment in the best talent brings to you various customized solutions that cater to all your business needs. Contact us now to receive clear and practical Human Resource Solutions in Saudi Arabia.